The Heart of God | Visual Resources for Both Lectionaries for November 12, 2023
Visual Resources for the Lectionaries
This post offers visual resources for the Revised Common Lectionary and the Narrative Lectionary for November 12, 2023. The RCL jumps to the end of Joshua for the first reading. The second reading is Amos 5. The third reading marks the fourth week in 1 Thessalonians. The Gospel is Matthew 25:1-13. This is the parable of the ten bridesmaids that is part of the Eschatological Discourse. The NL jumps to the words of Hosea 11:1-9. The Gospel reading is Mark 10:13-14 where Jesus welcomes the children to him. All of these passages are tough to read because they bring the balance of the suffering that comes when we don’t live in the love of God with the grace and forgiveness of the heart of God.
Learn how to download everything for FREE here.
Revised Common Lectionary
Here are quick links to all the texts for this week:
Joshua 24:1-3a, 14-25 and Psalm 78:1
Wisdom of Solomon 6:12-16 or Amos 5:18-24 and Wisdom of Solomon 6:17-20 or Psalm 70
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Feel free to use any or all of these slides and images in your own preaching and teaching.
The NL jumps from the story of Elijah in 1 Kings to the words of Hosea the prophet in Hosea 11:1-11. The context for Hosea is the same as Elijah. He is a prophet from Judah who has come north to the Kingdom of Israel to speak truth to power. In this passage we see the contrast between the harsh consequences of resisting God and the deep love of the heart of God.
Download Everything for FREE!
Members of the Network will receive the following benefits:
- A weekly livestream Bible Study where Steve will walk through the PowerPoint, Image Pack and any commentary associated with the highlighted text for the week from the Revised Common Lectionary AND the Narrative Lectionary. These videos will be archived and available to members on the network.
- A Universal Discount Code. Members will get to download EVERYTHING for free, always! (this benefit alone makes $4.99/month worth it)
- Access to directly chat with Steve. You might have questions about specific products or Bible passages. Members can direct chat Steve through the network. These communications will get priority.
- Community. This is a social network. Members will be able to chat with each other, form groups, and discuss the Bible, preaching, teaching, art, theology and spiritual formation.
The Year of Mark Begins. Plan your studies now.
Preview the PowerPoint
All this for only $25.00
(or whatever more you may want to contribute)
A Cartoonist’s Guide to the Gospel of Mark is a full-color graphic novel style telling of Jesus’ life according to Mark. Use these images to enhance your preaching and teaching by engaging your audience in a fresh way.
This download includes:
- A PowerPoint with 315 slides
- A Folder with 315 .jpg images to use in any presentation software.
- A PDF of A Cartoonist’s Guide to the Gospel of Mark Graphic Novel. (buy print version HERE).
Get Weekly Resources Delivered Directly to You!
If you would like to wake up every Monday morning to the visual resources for the RCL and the Narrative lectionary waiting for you in your inbox, then fill out the form below. This email list will be used for only two reasons:
- to deliver weekly visual resources, and
- the occasional announcement of a new resource from A Cartoonist’s Guide to the Bible.